Strengthening Institutions (Formal and Informal) to Promote Gender Responsive Social Cultures in Apac and Dokolo Districts (PROGERESOC)
Under Strategic Objective 3 of ACFODE’s new strategic direction (2012/13-2016/17), to contribute to the reduction of socio-cultural practices that cause gender inequalities, ACFODE is currently implementing a project entitled “Strengthening Institutions (formal & informal) to promote gender responsive social cultures in Apac and Dokolo Districts with support from We Effect.
Three years (January 2014 – December 2016)
AREA OF OPERATION
The project is being implemented in Apac and Dokolo districts. Apac; Akokoro, Apac, Ibuje and Chegere sub counties. Dokolo; Bata and Kangai sub counties.
The project aims to “Strengthen the capacity of institutions to establish and implement gender responsive socio cultural practices.”
- Increased number of Males promoting gender responsive socio-cultural practices
- A critical mass of boys reached with information and models of gender responsive socio cultural practices
- Increased number of societal institutions establishing mechanisms and championing gender responsive socio cultural practices
The following activities will be implemented over the three years of the project duration:
- Identification and orientation of male and model couples among social cultural leaders in Apac and Dokolo districts
- Conduct dialogues with leaders and representatives of social cultural institutions.
- Develop and translate Behavioral Change Materials into local Languages.
- Hold community Radio talk shows
- Identify and Orient 90 Male role models in the 2 new sub counties.
- Sensitization and awareness raising on positive social cultural practices among selected primary and secondary schools in the two districts
- Annual Production of the Project Newsletters Capturing Stories of Change from the Different Cultural Leaders in the 2 districts.
- Mentoring Camps for Pupil Leaders on Positive Social-Cultural Practices at the Regional Level in the Lango Sub Region.
- Launch of Zero Tolerance Campaign against Negative Social Cultural Practices during 16 days of Activism at National Level.
- Facilitate Community Drama Shows on Positive Social Cultural Practices in the 2 districts.
- Facilitate Annual Secondary School Essay Competitions on Social Cultural Practices in the the 2 districts.
- Conduct Parent and Teacher Forums in Secondary Schools
- Organize a National Cultural Gala Promoting Positive Social Cultural Practices for the Different Cultures.
PROJECT BENEFICIARIES / TARGET GROUPS
- Men and Women
- Faith based organizations
- Cultural institutions
- Law enforcement agents (Formal institutions)
– See more at: http://acfode.org/?dict_project=we-effect-project#sthash.2KC5m2Ky.dpuf